Thursday, May 1, 2008

Toe up Socks







I have been working on some toe up socks with Knitpicks sock yarn colorway called Hawaii, which is now discontinued. I am using Crazy Toes and Heels by Mary Ann Beattie. I love this book it has the best detailed info I have ever seen. I also enjoy all the cute pictures and helpful tips. She has a website that her book can be purchased www. queenkahuna-creations.com

Her book demonstrates sock construction two socks at a time, toe up or toe down and different toes and heels to use as well as different castons. I started out making two socks at the same time, but for me it was going really slow, so I went back to my method of knitting them one at a time, but picking up and knitting on both so they would be at the same place. The pictures show my start then my toes, and finally ready for the gussetts,the detailed gussett picture and how it looks on. I opted to use the slip stitch heel which starts during the end of the gussett. I started mine at the half way point. I wanted the heel to be snug. I will not know for sure till I turn the heel which is the next step in their progress if they are the right length. I have been thinking of putting in a life line at this point incase I need to rip back. I will update the progress real soon really so keep checking back.

1 comment:

Bobbi said...

Great progress and great pictures, I am so happy you posted