Monday, May 5, 2008

Toe Up Socks The Heel


These pictures show what the turning of the heel and the start of the heel flap which joins to the gussett while your knitting one stitch each side. I tried the sock on and it fits. I find that I should have done a 1/2 inch more on the gussett before the turning of the heel. After you finish the gussett increases you just work some plain knit rows to the desired size. I am going to give that a try on sock 2. Now with the heel finished all I have to do is knit the leg to the desired length and end with some ribbing, and cast off.

I am going to knit both socks together at the same time of two circular needles so that I will be able to finish them at the same time and have no doubt that they are the same. Next post will show progress of this and soon the finished socks.

1 comment:

Bobbi said...

I think it looks like it fits perfectly. Can't wait to learn that heel.