Sunday, September 2, 2007

machine knit lace top




I hope everyone is enjoying their labor day weekend, I know I am. Just had my birthday what fun now that the partying is all done I got down to some serious knitting. I am taking a machine knitting class at the Adult Ed in my area, and we are learning about lace. Our teacher gave us a simple lace top pattern to start knitting. We are suppose to do tension swatches first of course. I started off with my machine dropping lace stitches right and left uggh!. So I got some advice from another knitter not wanting to give up so soon, and not knowing if it was my lace carriage not working properly our operator error. Some good advice to all Brother machine knitters out there who want to knit lace first and most important put in that fine knit bar, this helps the stitches knit off better yes it does. Tip number two tighter tension plus weight works best.

I was able to start knitting my lace top with no problem yes, happy indeed. This also means my machine is working properly. I picked a little cats paw or strawberry lace pattern which is one of the patterns in my machine. Here is a picture of my progress.

1 comment:

Bobbisox said...

I hope you keep taking pictures as you go, I like to see what goes into making a top on the machine.