Sunday, August 5, 2007

Spinning again



I'm giving the birds a rest today, they did buzz by me wondering what am I doing. After drooling over some silk yarn I can't afford I remembered I had some silk wool roving mix in amazing colors. The colourway is called Black Hills Gold and it looks like it too. The roving is from CrossPatch Creations via the Bellweather.com not sure about the spelling of that, but spinners candy there. Here is a couple pictures of one of my skeins and some on the bobbin waiting to be plyed. This roving has silk noil and etc. so is impossible not to get a texured yarn, mostly I spin real smooth worsted spun so I have to get use to a little bumpy is desired this is designer yarn. I should have plenty to make my multidirectional scarf when I am done, having purchased 8 oz maybe a little more.

2 comments:

Bobbisox said...

Wow, that is truly gorgeous stuff, I am glad you got it out, it must be so nice to work with.

Colleen S. said...

I like spinning it this is what we call spinner's candy. You have to see it in person. I got my modular knitting book today cool patterns.