Sunday, May 11, 2008

Gussett and Heel Turn Sock #2



I took a picture of the gussett and the heel turn of sock #2. I made the gussett too small in the first picture didn't calculate the right number of increases. The gussett increases are suppose to be 1/2 of the stitches of one side of your sock increased equally on both sides plus 3 stitches. I am looking at this sock and cannot believe how big my feet really are. I am thinking these are just going to be too big, but I tried them on and they fit like a glove. So if your socks look huge just keep on going.

My other issue is I would like some sock blockers but why are they so expensive. I found plastic ones $11.00 each not so bad. Although thats for one and then with shipping and handling at almost $6.00 yikes. So I went surfing and found this website that even includes a template for you to print out. There cut from plastic placemats, I think this just might work for me. I am going to try to make some today. I will let you know how it goes.

http://littlesesameknits.blogspot.com/2007/04/super-easy-diy-sock-blockers-tutorial.html

I am going to give these a try I will let you know how they work.

1 comment:

Bobbi said...

You are taking such good pictures now. The stitches are easy to see. I want those stitch markers.