Wednesday, October 24, 2007

knitting update



Ok, how is that for some knitting pictures. I made the sock tubular on the machine, what does all that mean? The sock from the ribbing down is knit in the round with a ribber attatched to my machine, double trouble I call it. The top of the sock has a manual e wrap cast on, that is cast on in 2x1 rib. 2x1 rib looks like 2x2 rib. If you want more details about this sock just ask and I will explain the pattern more if you would like. I like how this sock came out it is very comfortable and looks great! I have played around alot with different machine knit socks till we made this one in my machine knitting class and I like it alot. I can knit this pair of socks in one day, pair of socks in a day cool.

The camel colored lace top is knit with machine knit acrylic yarn 2/24. That's machine lingo for the weight of the yarn. I used that yarn double strand since it is very thin like lace yarn. The lace top has very little shaping so is an easy top to knit, looks pretty too.

I have also been taking lots of bird photos with my Canon S3 IS with a Olympus TCON-17 Teleconversion lens. Makes the birds closer. I experimented by using the digital zoom along with my shots to see how I liked them combined, but most of them are without it. To see my pictures just go to www.picturetrail.com and type in colleensphotos to see my bird and nature albulms.

And the final new for my update I am getting a new computer Yea! Faster and lots more hard drive space up to date too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Colleen, would you elaborate on how you setup your machine for 2 x 1 ribbing? My setup doesn't hold the loop between the 2 knits and the sock runs.

The only thing I've been able to do that works is to pick up the first row with needles after the sock comes off the machine and cast off the first row by hand.